Build Your Executive Credibility
SellXL is a one-day workshop that helps professional salespeople create, maintain and leverage relationships at executive levels in client organizations. The best-selling sales book, Selling to the C-Suite, published by McGraw-Hill was based, in part, on this workshop and many of the graphics in the book were taken from the workshop.
Based on findings from research with executives in each global region, SellXL makes a unique contribution to the sales profession that is empirically accurate and culturally sound.
SellXL is available in English and Spanish. Also see our other workshop: Sales Opportunity Snapshot (SOS).
Who Should Attend
Professional salespeople, account and relationship managers who need to effectively engage and leverage their executive-level contacts. Sales managers, as well as sales executives, are also encouraged to attend.
What You Will Learn
In just one intensive day, your team will learn how to communicate your company's value to client executives, thereby ensuring return access to them, as well as:
- Target the Right Executive by determining which key executive is most impacted by the buying decision. Learn how to identify the relevant executive for the sales opportunity - and how to align with that executive, so as to have a better chance of winning key deals.
- Focus Your Approach to executives by using the methods that executives report as most likely to result in a meeting being granted. Learn the best time in the buying cycle to meet with senior executives, how to treat gatekeepers as a resource, avoid the inevitable roadblocks, and what to do when you’re sent down to lower levels.
- Establish and Enhance the Relationship by thoroughly analyzing the executive’s key business issues. Follow the executive thought process to identify how external forces drive internal initiatives. Learn how to perform appropriate discovery, researching the client's industry, the client's company and the client executive using the Guide to Client Discovery - a concise tool to help you harness the power of the Internet. Learn how to communicate and get credit for your insight, ultimately displaying both integrity and capability - operating in the Client Value Zone and becoming the trusted advisor of the client executive.
- Create and Articulate Your Value by helping executives see their business through a new set of eyes. Construct a value proposition that's meaningful to executives and sets clear implementation expectations. Learn how to consistently communicate your value to client executives, using the client's metrics and terminology - thereby ensuring return access to them.
Take a Closer Look
Download our one-page SellXL Flyer for a high-level overview of the SellXL Workshop.
Take an in-depth look at the workshop details, including workshop objectives and module content, with our SellXL Design Document .
How You Will Benefit
At the end of the SellXL workshop, participants will be able to...
- Identify and align with the relevant executive for the sales opportunity
- Develop the best approach to use for the initial call on that executive
- Determine how to become perceived as a trusted advisor to the executive, thereby securing return access
- Describe and communicate their value to the executive on an on-going basis, using the client's metrics
Learn Through a Compelling Case Study
Participants prepare for the SellXL workshop by reading and reviewing the JKEA International case study, which is then used as the basis for workshop activities. The case study is about a global manufacturer, how its market positioning is driving new corporate initiatives, and the competing agendas behind the scenes. Participants can then apply the SellXL process to real client situations.
Excel to the Top!
To learn more about how the SellXL Workshop can help your salespeople gain executive access, achieve trusted advisor status, and close larger and more profitable deals, call 404-256-1801 or complete our Workshop inquiry form:
SellXL for the Health Care Industry
A number of clients in the health care industry have already experienced a customized version of the SellXL workshop that was developed specifically for that industry. Having professional salespeople create, maintain and develop relationships with senior client executives in hospitals and other health care organizations can now be a reality.
Learning is supported by a compelling business case about a major health care organization, how its market positioning is driving new initiatives, and the competing agendas behind the scenes. Participants can then apply the process to their client situations.
Download our one-page SellXL for Health Care Flyer for a high-level overview of the SellXL Workshop for the Health Care industry.
Take an in-depth look at the workshop details, including workshop objectives and module content, with our SellXL Design Document for Health Care.